Visit the site of the world's worst ever nuclear disaster.
On 26th April 1986, reactor number 4 at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant exploded, killing many people at the plant and led to massive radioactive fallout (thirty to forty times the amount released at Hiroshima). The fallout spread over a massive geographical area, killing and harming thousands more in the following years.
Now, three decades later, the levels of radioactivity have dropped to safe levels and the Ukrainian government are now allowing groups into the area on organised tours.
The price to join a one day group tour is £109 per person.
This is inclusive of all permits, insurance, transport, guides and meals. We run these tours almost every day of the year. Please email us with your preferred day of departure and we will advise you of availability.
For a one day group tour which also includes two nights (private apartment) accommodation in Kiev and airport transfers the price is £219*.
For three nights it will be £249*.
To stay in a 3 star hotel instead of a private apartment, it will be the lower cost of £209* for two nights or £235* for three nights. The price also includes airport transfers and the Chernobyl day tour.
*per person and based on two sharing. if travelling alone please add £25 per night for hotel or £30 per night for apartment.
Stay overnight in Chernobyl!
We also arrange two day tours of the exclusion zone, including an overnight stay in the Chernobyl hotel with all meals included (cooked with food brought from outside the zone!). Our upcoming group dates are:
Duga 3, Prypyat and Chernobyl tour - 13th and 14th May 2017: £319 (maximum group size of 12)
Duga 3, Prypyat and Chernobyl tour - 26th and 27th August 2017: £319 (maximum group size of 12)
Duga 3, Prypyat and Chernobyl tour - 12th and 13th May 2018: £319 (maximum group size of 12)
Duga 3, Prypyat and Chernobyl tour - 25th and 26th August 2018: £319 (maximum group size of 12)
We can add airport transfers and accommodation in Kiev on request.
We can also arrange private overnight stays in the zone. Please email us for current prices.
- For extra nights accommodation in Kiev please add £35 per person per night for the apartment or £25 per night for a hotel.
- Full Kiev weekend package prices are per person, based on 2 sharing. Please add £35 per night for sole occupancy in an apartment or £25 per night in a hotel.
- Please allow at least 8 working days before your planned departure to allow us enough time to process your permits. If less than this then there will be a late permit fee surcharge
- Please note that you will have slightly less time on the bigger sized group tours due to a more lengthy process at the exclusion zone checkpoints. Group sizes are small in Winter but larger in Summer.
- The zone is a restricted area and as a result we cannot give 100% guarantees on the tours taking place.
- In summer 2011, the zone was suddenly closed by the government causing all tours to be cancelled. All government issues are now resolved and we don't expect the zone to close again but if it ever does then we will give 100% tour refunds.
*Please note we require a minimum of 8 working days to process permits for the zone. If less than 8 days then we are sometimes able to apply for a late permit for an additional £10-£30
(depending how close to the date).
*As of the 12th April 2012 there is officially no longer access to the inside of buildings on the tours. However, we are generally able to go inside some of the buildings on the majority of the tours (dependent on military presence on the day!)