Kurdish Iraq is also known as the 'other Iraq'. Whilst Southern Iraq has seen the country descend into chaos and bloodshed since the 2003 War, Kurdish Iraq has flourished with massive economic development and a burgeoning tourist industry.
Suffering for decades under previous regimes, the Kurds now have an increasing amount of freedom and autonomy in Iraq and are extremely welcoming to tourists. The Kurdish region also has some of the most beautiful scenery in the whole of the Middle East with huge canyons, beautiful mountains and flowing rivers and waterfalls. The region has long been known in Middle Eastern literature as 'paradise on earth'.
8 Day Tour
£799 ($1200 / €1120)
Group tour dates:
14 October-21 October 2017
This price includes:
- Iraq visa (issued free on arrival at the border)
- 3 star central twin hotel accommodation
- all road transport in Turkey and Iraq
- tours and entry fees
- experienced English speaking Kurdish guide
- accompanied by Western guide throughout the trip
- all breakfasts
- Lunch and dinners
- Flights to Diyarbakir (prices start at £250 from Europe)
- Turkish visa (can be obtained online in advance for £10)
Rooms are on a twin basis and if you are travelling alone we will allocate someone for you to share with if possible. To have your own single room there is an additional cost of £95.
A £150 deposit is taken on booking and can be made by credit card (via Paypal), bank transfer or cheque.
Balance is due 8 weeks prior to departure.