Visit the Horn of Africa to explore both Ethiopia and the self declared Republic of Somaliland. Formerly known as British Somaliland Protectorate, the region gained independence in 1960 and became part of the State of Somalia along with Puntland and Somalia. In 1988, the Somalian Siad Barre regime committed massacres against the Somaliland people. This was to lead to the Somali civil war and culminated with the declaration of Independence in 1991. The people of Somaliland have been fighting for international recognition ever since. With deserted beaches, 5000 year old cave paintings and a tiny capital city full of warm friendly people, Somaliland is a extremely unique side of Africa, that is so far empty of tourists. Be amongst the first to venture into this part of the world!
10 Day Tour
£679 ($999 / €885)
|Tour dates||Tour name||Price|
|16-25 January 2017||Ethiopia & Somaliland tour||Tour full|
|9-13 November 2017||Danakil Depression tour/extension||£399|
|13-22 November 2017||Ethiopia & Somaliland tour||£699|
This price includes:
- 3 star central twin hotel accommodation
- all road transport in Ethiopia and Somaliland
- all tours, entry fees and permits for Las Geel caves
- experienced English speaking guides
- accompanied by Western guide throughout the trip
- all breakfasts
- Lunch and dinners (approx $10-15 per day)
- International flights
- Ethiopian and Somaliland visas (approx £55)
- Tips for guides (approx $20 in total)
- Flight from Hargeisa (Somaliland) to onward destination (£150 to Addis Ababa, £200 to Dubai)
- Hargeisa airport departure tax (approx $20)
- Other personal expenses
Rooms are on a twin basis and if you are travelling alone we will allocate someone for you to share with if possible. To have your own single room there is an additional cost of £115.
Check out our pre trip extension to the
Danakil Depression to see camel
caravans, unearthly scenery and the world's only permanent lava lake.
Don't miss our optional pre trip extension to Erta
Ale volcano and lava lake in the Danakil Depression:
Danakil Depression add on tour
A £150 deposit is taken on booking and can be made by credit card (via Paypal),
bank transfer or cheque.
Balance can be paid in advance by bank transfer, cheque or Paypal and is due 8 weeks prior to departure. To avoid issues with sanctions, we reqquire the Somaliland section of the trip to be paid for on arrival in cash. No money for services in Somaliland go through our account.